Friday, May 22, 2026
HomeNewsParents Concerned Over Short Preparation Time for Placement Test

Parents Concerned Over Short Preparation Time for Placement Test

-

Children under the age of 15 who are currently out of school may face difficulties because there is not enough time to prepare for the Placement Test, according to parents and teachers.

On May 21, the Ministry of Education under the military junta announced that students from Grade 2 to Grade 9 who have been out of school since the 2021-2022 academic year for various reasons will be allowed to return to classes appropriate for their age through a special Placement Test.

The Placement Test will be held from June 15 to 20. Application forms can be collected and submitted free of charge at township education offices from May 22 to June 5.

“If they had announced it since the summer school break, the children would have had time to prepare. Announcing it only now means children who have been away from school for a long time may not be ready in time. My child stopped at Grade 7 and was unable to even sit for the exam. At that time, fighting broke out in Kyone Long, so I brought my child with me to Thailand. No Matter How many announcements they make about returning to school, I no longer want to keep my child in Myanmar because it’s not safe,” said a displaced woman from Ye Township.

Students would have to prepare for the Placement Test within a very short period, while many out-of-school children have also lost interest in education.

For the Placement Test, students must sit for the exam one grade below the level appropriate for their age. If they pass, they will be allowed to attend the designated grade level.

“There is not even a full month to prepare for the Placement Test, so it will be difficult, especially for children from rural areas who have been out of school for a long time. Since it is not in their own language, it becomes even harder. If they fail, they may have to study on their own and try again next year,” said a teacher from Kyaikmaraw Township.

The Placement Tests for primary and middle school levels will be conducted from June 15 to 20 at the relevant township examination centres.

Students who previously studied at basic education schools, private schools, private schools and monastic education schools will be announced on July 1.

The announcement also stated that students who cannot provide school recommendation documents will still be accepted after verification with a recommendation letter from their ward or village administrator.

The Ministry of Education said the list of successful candidates will be announced nationwide on July 1, and students who pass will be allowed to return to basic education schools starting from the 2026- 2027 academic year.

spot_img

Related articles

Stay Connected

29,362FansLike
0FollowersFollow
409FollowersFollow
39,800SubscribersSubscribe

Latest posts